Hackbot is HackerOne’s free automated service that provides in-context guidance by suggesting key features and actions on the platform in order to save you time and effort.
For example, Hackbot can:
- Identify and notify you of potential duplicates and related reports to help you associate and close reports more quickly
- Identify out of scope domains and suggest a pre-submission trigger that'll warn hackers in the act of submitting a report for the out of scope domain
- Suggest remediation guidance
All Hackbot suggestions are visible only to your security team as internal comments, and they will not require any action on your behalf.
Edit Hackbot Settings
To edit your Hackbot settings:
- Go to Program Settings > Program > Automation > Hackbot.
- Make sure the Hackbot settings you want are ON and those you don't want are OFF. You can click on the slider for each setting to toggle the feature on or off. We offer these Hackbot options:
||Hackbot will give you the option to add a review for a hacker.
|Same comment twice
||Hackbot will notify you when you've entered a duplicate comment.
|Suggest trigger on bad host
||Hackbot will suggest creating a trigger if a report contains a host that has appeared in more than 80% of N/A reports.
|Suggest integration on triage
||Hackbot will suggest using an integration when the report is triaged.
|Suggest pay bounty on triage
||Hackbot will suggest when you should pay a bounty when the report is triaged.
|Suggest needs more info state
||Hackbot will suggest when a report should be moved to the Needs more info state.
||Hackbot will suggest you to create a common response when comments are repeated.
||Hackbot will suggest remediation guidance from MITRE based on the report weakness.
We love adding new functionality to Hackbot to make your life easier and more efficient, so let us know if you have any suggestions on how we can make it better.