Configuring OpenVPN Clients
In order to use the HackerOne VPN, you need to install a VPN client that supports OpenVPN.
Refer to these installation and configuration instructions for your platform:
To configure the OpenVPN client to your windows machine:
- Download the OpenVPN Windows Installer from this page.
- Execute the OpenVPN Installer.
Select these components when prompted:
- OpenVPN Service
- Tap Virtual Ethernet Adapter
- OpenVPN GUI
- Click Install when prompted to install a network adapter.
- Click Finish to complete the setup.
- Start the OpenVPN GUI application.
- Right click the OpenVPN icon in the bottom right corner of the screen, and click Import file....
- Select the
*.openvpnfile you downloaded from HackerOne (See Accessing your VPN Credentials).
- Right click the OpenVPN icon on the bottom right corner of the screen, and click Connect.
The VPN will start connecting.
To configure the OpenVPN client on macOS:
- Install Tunnelblick.
- Start Tunnelblick.
- Find the
*.openvpnfile you have downloaded from HackerOne (See: Accessing your VPN Credentials).
- Drag it onto the Tunnelblick icon at the top of your screen.
- Click the Tunnelblick icon, and click the HackerOne VPN connection.
Your VPN will now be connected.