Jira Server Integration Setup
Note: In order to configure your Jira integration, you must be an admin on Jira in order to properly have webhooks installed. After your integration has properly been set up, you can go back to regular access on Jira.
You can integrate with Jira Server in order to sync information between your HackerOne report and your Jira issue.
To integrate with Jira Server:
- Go to Program Settings > Program > Integrations.
- Click the Connect with Jira link.
Choose Jira Server, and you'll be redirected to this 4-step setup screen where you can configure your Jira integration.
- Navigate to the Application Links console of Jira by going to Jira Administration > Applications > Application Links.
Note: You must be a Jira administrator in order to set up and access the Jira integration settings. After you set up your integration, you can go back to regular access on Jira.
https://hackerone.comand click Create new link.
https://hackerone.comin the New URL field in the Configure Application URL window.
HackerOnefor the Application Name and select
Generic Applicationin the Link applications window and click Continue.
- Select the pencil icon for HackerOne on the Configure Application Links page.
- Enter the following information on the Application Details section of the Configure HackerOne window:
- Enter the following information on the Incoming Authentication section of the Configure HackerOne window:
|Consumer Key||HackerOne JIRA Client|
|Public Key||Copy and paste from the key below|
HackerOne Jira public key
-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY----- MIICIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAg8AMIICCgKCAgEAy8H4gLqU2Lkkce11/Scn zac5uLs4Wa3xkg8pwTJb4AaUXxPp5c49MVXRlGhLMeQ2Wv1AfNvxJu4gcmvUyn6Q A9hD156grA7qXD3G7aX4DJ4N5ialNaDQGZCWRqxAqwrT7KoXZohbiima5bAyUjgG SwdGKTIHp7djBNfWa8Wv9uDbJZkNRkhzcuJ65dmsPk0gURosCzo3FhL9e0kjVt66 GbTMjP02L0BZYpFhwTbHTsrw/xpmW9RRDGZ9jYNXbCeki17bYdVSdGswvamvzv5Y 4EBK4hV4ocs+MumEWC5lYn1zdWjXaQcDTnrQLgF1BJ//hB7l6nPSrynYCiM4ceCU vo1/2p6nOvNvbBjVlRMIYbsrrUgaBT1tvdHRqTkBDpxzDEQcNBuEgxhxu7oHNDvK HnZsorPPvfixqhpB3jcO9NuYujPakAV/ishjrwwQtRIRXqLAFHYYQxbzfikhi0xs RJGg/kzpkmz9F93cATONpMFSVrg6a4Vxmt0Yt8zND2WNi/8qHCWN2yju2DUWLLRm 6MdAkz48MMTCmYXRybB+6g8a9F4YBdl2TGnWsYfQ1R/y0utRKBC+P7cQwVTP8eus liA2Ts+KvYyVgD6StR629HFyNCNglm9+NuudtYdUUfIHGlEq769wLwHX3bgddqBW hgko43a2w0IWTvNkga5FBcMCAwEAAQ== -----END PUBLIC KEY-----
- Click Save.
- Navigate back to HackerOne and enter the URL of the Jira instance you want to authenticate with in the Instance base URL field in the Configure an Application Link step.
- Click the Authenticate with Jira button to finalize the setup between HackerOne and your Jira instance.
Configure which HackerOne projects you'd like to escalate to Jira in the Configure HackerOne to Jira escalation window.
- Select the Allow me to select a project every time when I escalate an issue checkbox to have the ability to select from multiple projects when creating Jira issues.
- Select the Jira Priority you want to map to the corresponding HackerOne severity. This enables the right priority to be set when escalating a HackerOne report to Jira.
- (Optional) Select which Jira actions you'd like to post onto HackerOne in the Select Jira to HackerOne events window. You can choose from:
|Status changed||Post an internal comment when an issue changes status.|
|Resolution changed||Post an internal comment when an issues changes resolution.|
|Priority changed||Post an internal comment when an issue changes priority.|
|Assignee changed||Post an internal comment when an issue changes assignee.|
|Comment added||Post an internal comment when someone comments on an issue.|
|Closed issue status||Resolve the report when an issue is closed with the selected status.|
- (Optional) Select which actions in HackerOne you'd like to post to Jira in the Select HackerOne to Jira events window. You can choose from:
|Comments||When someone comments on a report, post an update on the associated Jira issue.|
|State Changes||When someone changes the state of a report, post an update on the associated Jira issue.|
|Rewards||When someone awards or suggests a bounty and/or bonus, post an update on the associated Jira issue.|
|Assignee Changes||When someone assigns a user/group to a report, post an update on the associated Jira issue.|
|Disclosure||When disclosure is requested or a report becomes public, post an update on the associated Jira issue.|
|Synchronize attachments||Synchronize attachments linked with reports and comments to the associated Jira issue.|
You're all set! Now that you've finished setting up the Jira integration, you can create Jira issues right from your HackerOne report.